January 16, 2012

Patchwork quilt

 my soul waits in silence for God alone;
 from Him is my salvation. 
He only is my rock and my salvation, 
my stronghold; i shall not be greatly shaken.

Like a patchwork quilt covering the weariness of my soul is the covering He gives to me, a sacred corner of solitude that brings comfort to a hungry soul.
Promises of gold and silver etched in crimson red, stitched with nail scarred hands.  They blanket me with rest this day.
Embroidered words  shimmer  with grace and, comfort me with heavenly warmth.   
 With trembling lips I begin to sing the halting lonesome notes of my spirits song.  Gold-stitched words, threaded onto squares of silk give life to the whispered song. 
A crumbling release comes as I curl closer to Him, enfolded in mercy, and securely tucked under this patchwork quilt of truth.
In solitude and blessed silence I am a held secure.  My soul is at rest.

No comments: