December 08, 2011

Blessings of a better life



“We want the blessings of a better life more than we desire to draw near to Jesus.  We approach Him the way a child approaches a weary Santa Claus in the mall, who for the hundredth time asks, ‘What do you want for Christmas?’  I wager no child has ever pressed close to Santa’s chest, looked up into his eyes, and said, ‘You! I want only You.’  Dr. Larry Crabb,







Questions for reflection:


How does this make you feel?
Do you think this is true?





2 comments:

CynthiaJSwenson said...

Wow! I don't usually comment on an older post but this one so stands out to me! I sure want my children to love ME and not the stuff I give them! Jesus said we CANNOT love both God & stuff! I believe it grieves God's heart when we do & He tests us in this to teach us!Love,in Jesus,Cynthia

Maria Egilsson said...

Cynthia, thanks for taking the time to comment. Dr. Crabb is a favourite author of mine and I too, was struck by this quote.