October 04, 2011

Unwanted One


Genesis 29:31
“LORD saw that Leah was not loved,….Leah became pregnant and gave birth to a son..surely my husband will love me now.” She conceived again….. “Because the LORD heard that I am not loved, he gave me this one too.” …Again she conceived… “Now at last my husband will become attached to me”.. She conceived again, and when she gave birth to a son she said, “This time I will praise the LORD.” She named him Judah.
 

Isaiah 62:5 God will rejoice over you as a bridegroom rejoices over his bride.



Leah was an unwanted one, first by her father, Laban.

Then by deceit she found a place but as a wife brought through disgrace.

An unwanted wife, a stolen life, her days were filled with lonely strife.

Disappointment and despair were with Leah everywhere.

Hope distorted by her plea, “Jacob will you please love me?”

A woman longs to be so loved, and so she is to a Prince above.

“I am the real bridegroom”, says the Lord

And with this, hope is restored as Leah declares “I will praise the Lord”.

“Unwanted” so untrue, there is a God who is in love with you.

A bride of beauty He calls you and for this love He died for you.



No comments: