October 04, 2011

The Grace of God by Andy Stanley (A Book Review)


The Grace of God by Andy Stanley captures the attention with the first paragraph.
“Grace.  It’s what I crave the most when my guilt is exposed. The very thing I’m hesitant to extend when I’m confronted with the guilt of others-especially when their guilt has robbed me of something I consider valuable.”
Mr. Stanley brings out many facets of grace in the13 chapters as he walks you through many bible events from a fresh perspective.  He starts with creation, goes through the Garden of Eden, highlights many bible characters and brings the fresh insight of grace right up to the church of today.
Each chapter has a highlighted sentence which underscores the main point.  I found it a bit distracting to read but it is effective in that it draws your eye to it.
The nature of the book lends itself to thoughtful reading and even putting the book down after each chapter in order to fully absorb the authors’ points.
The information Stanley provides about a variety of biblical events and characters gave me a new appreciation for them.   He presents biblical life lessons through the lens of grace that, at times, takes your breath away at God’s faithfulness and love.
It is a thoughtful book that lends itself well to being studied.
I would highly recommend this book for those who want to study more about grace.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze.com I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own


No comments: