Lamentations 3:22-23(NIV) Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness
I like how God divides the day and the night. No matter how dark the previous night has been there is something beautiful about the dawn of a new day. As the sun begins to dispel the darkness there is a hope that rises within my soul.
- A new start; a new beginning.
- A clean slate; the old has been wiped away.
- A future that is secure.
Every day is a promise from God that old things will and do pass away.
The Dark Night has passed
The “dark night of the soul” is a metaphor used to describe a season of our spiritual life that is marked by difficulty, a sense of desolation. But the “dark night” can be a catalyst that brings to the surface the suffering and sorrow in our life in order that it can be dealt with.
- “In Job we saw a stripping away until the core of his soul was revealed and his fears were brought into the light. His eyes were then opened to see God.
- When the cock crowed three times, Peter became a broken vessel. He faced his sin of pride and self-reliance. He was given the keys of the kingdom.
- Joseph began to minister while still in prison. He developed wisdom.
- Elijah experienced an emotional “rock-bottom” where he wanted to die. He discovered that God is more concerned with our relationship with Him than anything else.” Soul Care, God’s Way
A New Day
Hope springs anew even as the residual darkness of the night washes way. Tired and weary may be your soul but there is a change deep within your very heart. God has done a work.
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalm 73:26 (NIV)
In the brightness of this new day you realize that your flesh and your heart did fail and yet in that failing, God was at work. You realize anew and afresh that God IS the strength of your heart.
Don’t be disheartened by your weakness. It is often then, when we come to the end of ourselves that God steps in.
Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit, saith the Lord of hosts” Zechariah 4:6 (KJV)There will come a time God will step into that "dark night of the soul" and the dawning of a new day will begin.
In the meanwhile you walk, one step at a time, knowing that His faithfulness will carry you and He will give you what you need for this day. Be encouraged knowing that His love and compassion are there for you at the dawn of each new day.