August 17, 2011

Thirsty for God

For thus saith the Lord God, the holy one of israel; in returning and rest shall ye be saved in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength.    Isaiah 30:15

A white-tailed deer drinks from the creek; I want to drink God, deep draughts of God.  Psalm 42:1-3





Winter snow falls like sparkling diamonds;

Softly and silently it covers the barren ground.

Frosty swirls decorate the window panes

As my breath warms the icy glass.

My gaze is captured by the serenity of the snowy domain.

The silence of the night settles deep within my soul.

Tentative sounds of gentle hooves cause my eyes to turn and see.

Downy deer come in the safety of the stillness

Seeking water to quench their thirst.

Fully trusting, they gracefully bend to drink of the water.

In quietness and confidence, I also come before the holy one of israel.

I drink in of his presence. it is only He who has the waters

That can quench the thirsting of a human soul.

Come, return unto Him

He will give you rest.

No comments: