June 05, 2011

The Seraph Seal: Book Review

The Seraph Seal written by Leonard Sweet and Lori Wagner is similar to The DaVinci Code or National Treasure.  It is a work of fiction and not an accurate portrayal of End Times theology.  At times I felt uneasy because of the unbiblical statements and references made.
The story is about a mysterious prophesy that must be solved before the world ends in chaos or redemption (great literary liberty is taken with the term "redemption").  "The Seraph Seal"  certainly blurs the lines between fact and fiction (and theology) and I found myself getting lost at parts as the story jumps around from place to place and person to person. I was left slightly confused about the author's theology, as I was about the end of the story.

The book did provide some realistic depictions of the future of technology as well as alarming trends in society that are occurring even now.  However, it strayed very far in its interpretation of the Apocalypse from a biblical point of view and I found this disconcerting from known Christian writers.
I received a complimentary copy of this book from BookSneeze in exchange for an honest review.

No comments: