February 19, 2011

God is ready to perform His word

The word of the LORD came to me, saying, “Jeremiah, what do you see?” And I said, “I see a branch of an almond tree.” Then the LORD said to me, “You have seen well, for I am ready to perform My word.”  Jeremiah 1:11,12



The gentle softness of the night slides away to morning light

In the quiet of the dawn when the day is just new born

My heart does wait upon God’s Son, in thanks for all that He has done.


I hear Him whisper “What do you see as the word of God is on your knee?”

My answer quickly comes to me, words of life and so much more,

A promise, a hope, an eternal shore.


 
A second time, You ask of me “What do you see upon your knee?”

From deep within my soul does cry, I see a God-breathed word,

A piercing sword, a weapon of war that sets men free.


“You have seen well”, He said to me

“For I am ready to perform my word.”

“So speak the words I’ve put within,

There is a battle and you will win.”

No comments: