December 08, 2010

Shattered Pieces (Scripture Reflections)

Psalm 107:9
For He satisfies the longing soul

Psalm 107:20
He sent His word and healed them

In solitude and silence I seek Your way
In the dawn of this new day
Once again You draw me to
A desert place to sit with You.

You open a window within my soul
To show the pieces that are still not whole
Fractured glass in wounds so deep
The pain of which I’ve tried to keep

Piercing shards fractured by time
Have embedded in this heart of mine
With nail-scarred hands You comfort me
As my soul cries “Please set me free”

And so I kneel within this place
Silver tears run down my face
You pull the fragments, one-by-one
Shattered pieces of my soul,
With Your love You now make whole



2 comments:

Susie Cantrell said...

Hi Maria,
I'm just reading this on March 6, 2012...I noticed you posted it on December 8, 2010...Beautiful. I will read it again in my morning devotion. I love the imagery & the symbolism.
LOL...Let's just say God's timing is Perfect. Thanks for sharing this in tonight's facebook feed...not sure how I clicked the link but glad I did.
May God Bless You & Your Ministry.
Love Ya, Susie Cantrell :)

Maria Egilsson said...

Susie, it blesses me to hear how God uses something that I have penned. That is the beauty with God, it doesn't matter when something was written, He still ministers anew and afresh when we need it. Thank you for sharing this today. Maria