September 24, 2010

Captain

GIVE UNTO THE LORD THE GLORY DUE UNTO HIS NAME;
THE VOICE OF THE LORD IS UPON THE WATERS;
THE GOD OF GLORY THUNDERS;
THE LORD IS UPON MANY WATERS.
THE VOICE OF THE LORD IS POWERFUL;

PSALM 29






On this voyage that is our life there will be times that bring us strife.

Rainy seasons of darkened clouds and stormy seas that billow loud.

Winds and waves engulf our boat until we barely stay afloat.

Silt and salt tear at our sail; with all our strength we try to bail.

In the dark we lose our way and this is when we think to pray.

A voice commands the raging sea; the winds and waves obey Him still

In the calm He beckons me to come to Him on bended knee.

I AM the Lord and I will use the parts of nature that I choose;

Captain of the boat you thought, but My will you never sought.

So I have brought you to this shore in order to reveal much more.

A chosen vessel you will be but Captain of your life is Me.

No comments: