May 03, 2010

Plan B

Plan B by Pete Wilson tackles the unspoken question that every Christian will have at some point in their lives: “What do you do when God doesn’t show up for you in the way you thought God was going to show up?” He wrestles with “the question that resurfaces for me again and again and again has more to do with all the unexplainable pain and hurt in this world. The greater struggle for me is that God does exist, yet so does a lot of pain and suffering.” (Pg. 9) What do we do with the “broken dreams, unmet expectations and sudden crisis?” (Pg. 211)


As a lay counselor I was prepared to read this book from a clinical perspective yet God in His infinite timing and wisdom had this book arrive when I was struggling with a “Plan B” situation. These words were like a healing balm as I began to see that God is with me. God used this book to whisper His reassurance into my heart.

Plan B is a book that gives hope and encouragement without clichés and pat answers. I highly recommend Plan B as a “must read” and “must have” resource.

I received this book free from Thomas Nelson Publishers as part of their BookSneeze.com http://BookSneeze.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments: